To start calling in CrazyCall you need to import a database of numbers into the application. To do that you can use our quick importer or play with more advanced option. First of all you need to prepare a file. It needs to be in a .csv, .xls or .xlsx format with UTF-8 coding. CSV stands for comma separated values and it means that each column in the file needs to be separated with a dedicated character. We accept commas (",") and semi-colons (";"). Other two are standard Excel files. Below is an example of a CSV file:
The file can have any numbers of columns, but it needs at least one column with a phone number and one column which will be used as an External ID. It can be any column, but it needs to have an unique value. You have to be aware of the fact that you will not be able to import two records with the same External ID to the one campaign. For example if you use a phone number as an External ID, it will be impossible to import contacts with those numbers again. When the file is ready you need to go into your campaign and click "Import" button located on the upper right corner.
On this screen there are two things you need to do in order to import records and a few things you can do, but you do not have to.
First of all you need to choose which column is a phone number and mark it as a "preferred phone". If the phone number contains a country code in the file you do not need to do anything more with that. But if it does not contain it you need to choose a country dialing code from the list.
Second thing you are obligated to do is selecting which column will be used as an External ID. As mentioned above it has to be a unique value. You can mark it using checkbox located on the right hand side. Only one column can be marked as External ID.
Additionally you can mark which column is an e-mail, second phone number using lists and which data should be visible for agents and required using checkboxes. Required means that each imported record needs to have a data in that column. If it doesn't have it, it will not be imported.
Please be aware if you have more that one number tied to a record and you want to call them all, you need to mark them as "phone" and do not use "preferred phone" type. If you will use it only this (preferred) number will be called when reaching that record.
Once everything is set you can start the import by clicking "Load records" button. You can receive three different message:
- "Import started, X rows are going to be imported" - import was successful and everything was made correctly.
- "Import started, X rows are going to be imported, Y lines contained error" - it means that it did not import all records because some of them contained errors.
- "No rows imported, X errors found" - it means that the whole import was not successfull. Such a situation may occur for example if you try to import the records that have been imported already.
In case of any errors you will be able to download a "rejected records file" from the import details. In case you've missed it you will be able to find it in "History" tab. Most common problems during import are:
- There are already records with the same External ID in the database
- The "required" checkbox is selected and some records had this column empty
- Phone number is in incorrect format (i.e. does not have a country code in file and you've not selected it during import)