Database dump report contains all information about numbers you’ve called and their statuses within a selected date range. You can use it to see every action ever taken upon each of your contact, not only the last one.
Database dump report provides the most detailed information about events on a given contact from all the reports available in CrazyCall, so it’s useful when you start reaching out to your leads and clients. It will give you all the key data on all the contacts you’ve called.
The number and names of columns in this report are constant.
This is how to understand terms used in this report:
- Call start date - when the call was initiated;
- Call answer date - when the call was answered;
- Call finish date - when the call was finished;
- Event save date - when the event was saved;
- Phone number - contact number that was called;
- Status - indicates whether the contact is closed (e.g. completed) or is still open for further call attempts;
- Event status - type of event performed on this contact;
- Schedule date - if the call was scheduled for a different timeslot, you’ll see its new date here;
- Event ID - unique number of the event taken on the contact;
- User - name of your account user that took that action on the contact;
- Project - name of the project in which this contact was;
- Bulk action - if a call status was added to this contact as a result of a bulk action, it will be marked with ‘yes’;
- Note - if there was a note added on the contact during the call, you’ll see it here;
- Time after call - time between the end of the call and marking a call with a status. Negative value means that a status was assigned before the end of the call.