Uploading a database of numbers is one of the crucial actions you can take while using CrazyCall. Importing contacts lets you start calling to hundreds of leads and customers within minutes - just upload a file to the app.
It’s just a couple of clicks away to have all your numbers imported to your project, so you can start making calls right away.
This is how you import contacts:
Enter the project to which you want to add numbers. Click the “Import Contacts” button on top of the screen. It will open the file importer, where you choose a file to upload. You can use .CSV and a .XLSX formats.
Each file needs to have a column title in the first row and each number should have a country prefix at the beginning. It can be +1, 001 or just 1. If there is no country prefix in front of the number, the system will use the default prefix specified in your project’s settings.
Once you choose a file to import, our app system will detect a separator and a column with a phone number, although please always make sure if it’s done correctly. You should see a screen like this:
Remember, that if your file contains more than one column with phone numbers, then you have to choose the main one with numbers you’d like to call first. You can import the rest of the phone numbers as Alternative numbers.
If everything looks alright, click on ‘Import contacts’ button and it’s done! You’ve just successfully uploaded contacts to your project and now you can immediately start calling them.
In case there is a need for checking your previous imports, or anything goes wrong and you need to know why you can always access the Import History. In here, you can find information about when the import was made, the number of successfully and unsuccessfully imported numbers, and even original files and error reports.
Import history table presents the data 1 row per import, separated into 7 columns:
- Id - Identification number of the import. The file icon next to Id allows you to download originally imported file
- Date - The date and time when the file was imported
- User - The user that imported the file
- Imported contacts - Number of new contacts added to the project when importing the file
- Updated contacts - Numbers of contacts that changed their details/status when importing the file
- Rejected contacts - Numbers of contacts that failed to be added to the project when importing the file. If there were any rejected contacts during the import, you can find here a file icon that allows you to download error report with fail reasons for each not imported line of the file.
- Status - the status of the import
In case you need to undo your recent actions you can use the Import withdrawing.
You can withdraw most recent import in your project’s import history by clicking the button on the right end of the line.
Withdrawing an import can have different effects on the contacts created/modified by the import:
- If the contact was created during the import, it will be deleted when withdrawn
- If the contact had its details updated, the changes will be withdrawn to the state from before it was imported, no matter if any manual changes were made in between
- If the contact had its status changed by the import, the copy of the most recent event from before the import will be created in contact’s history. Its status will also be withdrawn accordingly.
The contacts that were unaffected by the import won’t be edited in any way in case of import withdrawing.
In case any of the agents is calling one of the contacts that are being deleted by import withdrawing and tries to save script answers and/or status, they’ll be presented with appropriate information.